Friday, March 11, 2011

Minimam Unit Of Length

rail Memories of my father (by Omar Acuña Hernández) Measurement Elements

now I've posted the photos on the items measuring rail rolling stock wheels, Omar, sent me a link to his blog, where in December 2009, had already published something about it. As always, it is a story with lots of wood, with vivid memories of his beloved father and the passion that leads to the skin by trains.

"In 1977, we went Temuco en route to the city of Osorno. My father had been transferred to that city, having been promoted to Inspector of the Third Traction Area of \u200b\u200bthe State Railways of Chile. I remember he had an office at the railway station of that city (Osorno was his hometown) and had to attend to accidents on the road and monitor various activities. Later in the month of September 1978, he received the Chief of the Powerhouse in the same city, and his office was at the height of the second floor of that huge building located in the neighborhood Ovejería. His office was dark and was accessed by a steep staircase wood. My memory holds the image of a large typewriter, called "scorekeeper." Our household, belonging to Railways, was the first on the block, and adjoining patio with the huge lot of the Powerhouse, only separated by a high brick wall. From the height of this wall, I amused myself watching the store and out maneuver the machines accommodated. A little engine, known coma "The Bump", was responsible for making these moves, "up" the engines to electric-powered transport, moving in a straight line, because that Powerhouse was not the typical "turntable" drive human. Browsing

things that my father left after his death in January of 2009, I found a metal instrument and with him a sheet of paper, with the typical handwriting of my father, with a description of the parts of that piece metal. I do not know the technical name, but I gather that this is a kind of template to check the status of the profile of train wheels. I have to find out what it's called old railway. "



View Original Post:
elsheikomar


0 comments:

Post a Comment